Followers

Search

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

No Fragile X

We had the boy tested to rule out Fragile X. They sent the sample to the wrong lab, so we thought we wouldn't get the results. I guess they caught their mistake after all. We got them anyway, and they're negative. So yay.

And in all that naval gazing that I suppose goes on when your son gets a diagnosis for something like autism, my mom and I have mentally diagnosed my brother with Aspergers. He has some quirky speech patterns. He had behavioral problems in school. He was diagnosed with ADHD, which is a classic misdiagnosis for kids on the spectrum. He's always had a love for machinery, mechanical objects, electronics, etc. Does he have it? Eh, it doesn't much matter. He's who he is, and he's able to live without supports. But it does explain a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment