Followers

Search

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hamthrax Vax

So we got the kids their H1N1 vaccine. They didn't sprout extra limbs, get the flu, or develop strange neurological symptoms. I did notice my son had autism after the vax, though.  

You'd think preventing a potentially deadly illness with a treatment with low risks would be a no-brainer. But it is not. Thanks, mercury militia. The chance of having a severe allergic reaction to a vaccine is roughly the same as the chance of being struck by lightning in a given year. And yet, I had parents asking me if we noticed "any symptoms."  I saw someone else asking if it was normal to have a sore arm the next day or if it was a sign of a bad reaction.

One told me that she was foregoing vaccination, since she'd driven H1N1 away by giving her son some homeopathic remedy at a 30C dilution. For those not familiar with the dilution required - that dilution is so extreme there is no trace of the original solution. Yes, she knew it was nothing but water. She said it was an "energy" thing.  Well, I'll take knocking on wood and crossing my fingers. Just as effective, but a lot cheaper. And whenever someone in my family doesn't get sick, I'll credit my finger crossing, and when they do get sick, I'll claim I forgot to cross my fingers or didn't do it soon enough. 

Anyway, nuttiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment