Followers

Search

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

College Fund

The estimate was a little higher for the AAC device, since it includes the software, strap, and other stuff to make it actually work. We can absorb it, but it will mean we may have to sacrifice other things along the way, and right now I'm still waiting for my job contract for the next year. I don't think I'll be out of a job -- I just don't think I'll be getting a raise. If I can convince grocery stores and utility companies not to raise their rates for the whole year, I'll be golden. 

My husband mentioned the AAC device to his dad, and my FIL said that if insurance and the school district don't want to pay for it, he will. He said they'd been stashing away a college fund for the kids. 

If he learns how to functionally communicate and is able to handle it, I think we'll figure out how to pay for college when we get there. 

3 comments:

  1. Your father in law sounds like a nice guy...As for college-you'll cross that road when you get there. I am happy for you-and very happy for your boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. My FIL really is awesome. Now we play the hurry-up-and-wait game to get that device in action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. Glad that will work out so you can get what you need.

    ReplyDelete