Followers

Search

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Eating Opposites

It cracks me up sometimes how opposite my kids are in terms of eating habits. King loves food and will try a variety of items. Miss Sugar Plum Princess, on the other hand, prefers her carbs straight up. She'll tolerate a bit of veggie, but only if it's so covered in cheese that she can't tell its there, such as spinach artichoke dip. 

Went to the relatives for Easter, and the boy ate small portions of salad, deviled eggs, fruit, raisin bread, chicken noodles, green beans, etc. (and then probably snuck some M&Ms or something else with dairy in it, or so his diaper seemed to indicate yesterday, ugh.) And a few Peeps. 

The girl, on the other hand, had biscuits, bread, and candy, including most of the Peeps. Yeah. I suppose I might have gotten some cheese covered carb in the form of au gratin potatoes into her, but by the time the meal actually started, she'd filled up on biscuits. 

I have a friend who puts jars of baby food veggies in the spaghetti sauce to get some veggies into her picky eater. Anyone else have any picky eating strategies to share?

1 comment:

  1. One of my sons has never met a carb he didn't like-and the other would happily live on popcorn and frozen pizza. Luckily, I found one healthy thing that they seem to enjoy.."stonybrook farms organic yogurt" So I know that they are at least getting some very healthy food in. My dr.doesn't seem to concerned-they are growing like weeds. It is just hard to get over the fact that they both only eat about 5 things.

    ReplyDelete